We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and enthusiastic Early Years Practitioner to join our growing nursery.
About Village End
Village End is a small, family run setting providing childcare for children aged 2-5, in addition to breakfast and after-school club for the children attending the local schools. Our Nursery is currently growing due to our unique flexibility; providing families with childcare from 8am -6pm throughout the year. Our recent Ofsted inspection judged us as a ‘Good’ provider in January after only being open for less than a year.
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Level 2 or 3 qualified Early Years Practitioner with experience of children aged 2 to 5 to complement our existing team. Whilst the job holder will be focused on Early Years children, they will also be happy to work with larger groups of older children too.
The ideal candidate will be working as part of a friendly team, supporting the Pre School Teacher in providing a fun and educational environment following the EYFS Framework. We believe in the importance of learning through play, teaching children how to think, not what to think, and focus on developing independent, creative, resilient and inquisitive little learners. We are looking for an individual who is committed to striving towards the best possible provision and outcomes by responding to the interests and needs of the children.
The Nursery prides itself on its relationships with the families and it will be essential for you to continue to develop these.
The Ideal Candidate
- Level 2 or 3 Qualified Early Years Practitioner or equivalent.
- Will assist with the planning, preparation and delivery of a wide range of engaging activities developed from the children’s individual needs.
- Will have responsibility of a small group of key children, ensuring their development needs are met, recording observations and keeping their learning diaries up to date.
- Help to provide a nurturing, safe, stimulating environment that is child-centered and is inclusive for all and recognises and encourages diversity.
- To maintain children’s safety and well-being at all times during attendance at the setting and on trips and to report any concern immediately to the manager.
- Deliver positive, persistent and ‘patient’ management of children’s behaviour.
- Work well as part of a team.
Salary is negotiable, as well as hours. Ideally, we are looking for someone to work Monday – Friday, 7.45am – 6.15pm. However, for the right candidate, who wishes to work shorter hours, or a 4 day week, we would still love to hear from you.
- Level 2 or 3 Qualified Early Years Practitioner or equivalent. Current Enhanced DBS or willingness to complete.
- A Pediatric First Aid certificate
- Experience with children aged 2-5. Experience of providing play and learning opportunities for children.
- Experience with Primary aged children. Experience of liaising with parents/carers and involving them in their child’s learning.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to assist with planning, providing and evaluating a wide range of play and learning opportunities which meet children’s individual needs. Ability to work as a team member but also manage and organise personal workload. Knowledge and understanding of observations and assessments using the EYFS framework and ability to keep the children’s record books up to date. Ability to communicate with children, staff and parents and respond to all their needs.
- Knowledge of early reading, writing and number skills.
- Help to create a happy, challenging and effective learning environment. Establish and develop close relationships with parents. Happy to get stuck in with nappy changes!
- ICT skills
If you think this is the role for you, we would love to hear from you. Please send a CV and covering letter detailing why you think you would be suitable for the role to email@example.com