New Career Opportunities at Village End
1) Are you a qualified Early Years Practitioner who is looking for a new career opportunity?
2) Would you like work alongside a team of dedicated Early Years Professionals in a relaxed environment where your voice will be heard and respected?
3) Do you possess that magical sparkle, love working with children and live locally to Ascot?
About Village End
Village End Childcare is located in Ascot, Berkshire. We are currently experiencing rapid growth due to the launch of our new Village End ‘Childcare Now’ App. The App allows parents to book on-the-spot childcare or a permanent place. It also offers them direct contact with nursery staff so they can extend, amend or cancel a booking at the touch of a button.
We operate a Nursery, Pre School and Mini Camp and provide childcare for children aged 18 months upwards. We are open from 8am – 6pm throughout the year and deliver a convenient and flexible service with very high standards of childcare for children of various ages.
The Early Years Role
The Early Years role involves working alongside an experienced team responsible for producing a fun and educational environment, following the EYFS framework, maintaining health and safety, ensuring the wellbeing of the children at all times, building relationships with the families and working as part of a collaborative team to ensure a creative and engaging program of activities is delivered to the children on a daily basis.
You must hold at least a Level 2 recognised qualification in childcare. Higher qualifications will be rewarded with higher salaries (please enquire to find out more about our salary scale). We are also interested in anyone who would like to undertake an apprenticeship in childcare. This would be fully funded by us and the qualification may be completed in the workplace within 12 – 18 months, no need to attend college.
To attract the finest and most dedicated professional Early Years Practitioners we understand that we have to offer above average salaries. Salaries at Village End start from £18,000pa for part-time positions and extend to £27,000pa for full time. If you are truly good at what you do, you will be rewarded with an excellent salary, lots of perks and the opportunity for frequent pay rises. Please state your ideal salary range when applying so we know what you are hoping to achieve.
Our weekly staff rotas are flexible and we may even be able to tie a shift pattern to suit your individual needs. At present we currently have both part and full-time positions available. Part-time 9.45am – 3.45pm, either a 3, 4 or 5 day week, or 7.30am – 6pm, again either a 3, 4 or 5 day week. Please state your preferred hours/days when applying and we will do what we can to accommodate.
Do you fit the profile
Are you a Team Player?
At Village End we believe in sharing all roles. Whether you’re Management, a Practitioner, or an Assistant, everyone chips in! Duties include meal preparation, cooking, cleaning plus all other childcare related responsibilities.
Do you possess that magical sparkle?
Do you have the imagination to inspire children’s learning and development, enjoy coming up with new ideas and love getting messy?
Do you have the right personality?
Are you well organised, punctual in the mornings, have a positive attitude, able to follow instructions, patient with children and can remain calm when working under pressure?
Are you a highly skilled Early Years Practitioner?
You will be required to care for a small group of key children and be responsible for recording observations, carrying out assessments, completing progress reports and liaising with parents on a daily basis.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Care for and supervise children, ensuring to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs are met at all times
- Maintain regular record-keeping of development and observations
- Deliver positive, persistent and ‘patient’ management of children’s behaviour
- Have a positive and professional approach when interacting and communicating with parents, carers, Ofsted, childcare agencies and of course the children
- Keep accident, incident and Health and Safety records up to date
- Supervise children at mealtimes by sitting down with them and helping them with their meals and table manners.
- Ensure that planning and preparation of all activities meet the children’s individual needs
- Ensure that the relevant forms are filled in correctly and are up to date and stored in the appropriate place
- Assist with record keeping, ensuring observations are done and profiles are kept up to date
- Identify and follow the correct procedures when dealing with child protection issues
- Be involved in regular staff meetings to discuss planning, key group issues, set individual targets and strategies for children
- Ensure that the level of hygiene in the setting meets our high standards at all times
- Complete a weekly retrospective planning sheet to document the children’s learning
Plus any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the setting Manager
At Village End, we believe in the importance of teaching children how to think, not what to think and focus heavily on developing strong characters and life skills for our children. Our children are independent, creative, resilient and inquisitive little learners and we are their mentors!
Staff Perks Include
- Up to 28 days annual leave, inclusive of public holidays (compulsory leave dates apply)
- Career progression opportunities
- Professional development, online and in house training.
- Social events throughout the year with other staff members
- Free uniforms, free meals, free drinks, shift swaps.
- Staff meetings and observations within working hours, no staff homework!
How to Apply
We have 2 ways of applying for a position at Village End. Option 2 offers you the opportunity to upload NVQ/qualification certificate, ID, a photo, include your preferred hours/days, ideal salary range, estimated start date and a few details about yourself.
Email your CV to us thorough our Indeed Portal
Go to your App store and search ‘Village End’. Once downloaded, go to About Us/Job Application and complete details. Next go to About Us/Attach CV.