New Career Opportunities at Village End
We are currently looking to recruit. We have both full and part-time positions, to suit applicants with and without childcare qualifications. Whether you’re a young enthusiastic individual who wishes to begin a career in childcare, or an experienced fully qualified Early Years Practitioner who is looking for a new opportunity, we would love to hear from you. Salaries are above the average and negotiable, as it is our policy to recruit the best.
About Village End
Village End is a small family run provision based in Ascot, Berkshire. We are currently experiencing rapid growth due to our flexibility, as we allow parents to book the hours and days to suit their lifestyle. We care for children aged 2 years upwards and operate a Nursery, Pre School, After School Club and Mini Camp. We are open from 8am – 6pm throughout the year and deliver a high standard of childcare for children of various ages. We have an excellent reputation in our area and have recently been inspected by Ofsted and judged as a ‘Good’ provider. Our report has now been published online and can also be viewed by visiting our website.
The Early Years Role
The Early Years Practitioner roles involve working alongside an experienced management team responsible for producing a fun and educational environment, following the EYFS framework, maintaining health and safety, ensuring the wellbeing of the children at all times, building relationships with the families and working as part of a collaborative team to ensure a creative and engaging program of activities is delivered to the children on a daily basis.
We currently have 2 full time vacancies for Level 3 Qualified Early Years Practitioners. Our annual rate of pay starts at £22,000 and ranges up to £30,000. Salaries are based on experience, qualifications, work ethics and ambition. We also include performance related bonuses for outstanding individuals who perform well.
As well as Early Years Practitioners, we are also looking to recruit a trainee manager. This position is for an ambitious individual who wishes to train, climb the ladder and take on a future lead role at Village End. Salary for this role is negotiable and again would depend on experience, qualifications and track record.
As well as full-time positions, we also require Early Years Practitioners who prefer to work either mornings or afternoons, or a 2, 3 or 4 day week. We may also have a role between 9am – 12pm for a qualified Pre School Teacher and a Cook between 2.45pm – 6.15pm. Other part-time positions available include After School Club Playworkers (Non-Qualified), working hours, Mon – Fri, 2.45pm – 6.15pm
Parent & Child Subsidy
For applicants who have a child aged between 2 – 8 years, we offer up to 80% discount on childcare fees. If your child is aged 3-4 years and is eligible for 30 hours of free government funding we can offer a free Pre School place, if accompanied by a Level 3 qualification.
Are you unqualified and wish to train as an Early Years Practitioner? We have a position for a Trainee Practitioner who wishes to gain a Level 3 qualification. Our apprenticeship program will enable you to work full time and gain a level 3 Early Years qualification within 12 months without having to go to college. Village End will completely fund the training and you will be able to complete the course in house whilst working and receiving an apprenticeship salary.
Do you fit the profile?
Are you a Team Player?
At Village End we share all roles. As well as caring for children, all practitioners are required to help with meal preparation, cooking, cleaning and other childcare related duties.
Do you possess that magical sparkle?
Do you have the imagination to inspire children’s learning and development, enjoy coming up with new ideas and love getting messy, able to crawl around on the floor, squeeze through tight spaces and dress up when it’s your turn.
Are you fit, healthy and have the stamina to last the day?
Village End is based at All Saints Church Hall, therefore we have to set up and pack away each day. This involves lifting tables and chairs, boxes and rugs, plus cleaning up afterwards.
Have you got the right type of personality and temperament to work at Village End?
Are you well organised, punctual in the mornings, have a positive attitude, able to follow instructions, patient with children, work well under pressure, prepared to adapt and accept new ideas, follow the Village End way of caring for children and promote and implement our positive behaviour management techniques.
Are you a highly skilled Early Years Practitioner?
You will be required to care for a small group of key children and be responsible for recording observations, carrying out assessments, completing progress reports and liaising with parents on a daily basis.
Do you have any experience caring for children over 5 years of age?
At 3.30pm each day we operate an after school club for children aged 5 years plus. Therefore all Practitioners will be responsible for maintaining a safe environment as we integrate children of various ages.
Successful applicants will be required to:
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Care for and supervise children, ensuring to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs are met at all times
- Maintain regular record-keeping of development and observations
- Deliver positive, persistent and ‘patient’ management of children’s behaviour
- Have a positive and professional approach when interacting and communicating with parents, carers, Ofsted, childcare agencies and of course the children
- Keep accident, incident and Health and Safety records up to date
- Supervise children at mealtimes by sitting down with them and helping them with their meals and table manners.
- Participate in regular parents’ evenings, hand out leaflets to parents in schools playgrounds when required.
- Ensure that planning and preparation of all activities meet the children’s individual needs
- Ensure that the relevant forms are filled in correctly and are up to date and stored in the appropriate place
- Assist with record keeping, ensuring observations are done and profiles are kept up to date
- Identify and follow the correct procedures when dealing with child protection issues
- Be involved in regular staff meetings to discuss planning, key group issues, set individual targets and strategies for children
- Ensure that the level of hygiene in the setting meets our high standards at all times
- Complete a weekly retrospective planning sheet to document the children’s learning
- Work with other agencies i.e. early years and Ofsted
Plus any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the setting Manager
Why work for Village End?
At Village End, we believe in the importance of teaching children how to think, not what to think and focus heavily on developing strong characters and life skills for our children. Our children are independent, creative, resilient and inquisitive little learners.
Staff Perks Include
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of public holidays
- 1 additional day of annual leave after each full year of employment
- Career progression opportunities
- Professional development, online and in house training.
- Social events throughout the year with other staff members
- Up to 80% discount if your own child attends Village End
- Free uniforms
Early Years Practitioners (Experience & Skills Required)
CACHE/NNEB/NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent.
Must have excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
Must have exceptional knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and Health & Safety legislation.
Must hold a current DBS.
Must have excellent communication skill both verbal and written.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter explaining what you believe you can bring to Village End and why you would like to join our team!