We currently have 3 job opportunities at Village End with start dates from the beginning of January 2018
Childcare Supervisor – £30,000 pa – This is a full-time vacancy; however, we would consider a 3 or 4 day week, and/or an early finish time of 4pm. (Minimum level 3 childcare qualification required)
Pre School Educator – £27,000 pa – This is a full-time vacancy; however, we would consider a 3 or 4 day week, and/or a later start time of 9am and/or an early finish time of 3pm. (Minimum level 3 childcare qualification required)
Childcare Practitioner – £24,000 pa – This is a full-time vacancy; however, we would consider a 3 or 4 day week, and/or an early finish time of 4pm. (Minimum level 2 childcare qualification required)
Please let us know your preferred work/time schedule when applying
Please only apply if you can answer yes to all of the following…
- Do you possess that magical sparkle and have the imagination to inspire children’s learning and development…?
- Do you have a friendly/bubbly personality as we do not allow ‘LLL’ to get in the way of having fun…?
- Do you have lots of energy, enjoy coming up with new ideas and love getting messy. The days can be long or short, it all depends on how much fun you are having…?
- Are you a team player? Be prepared to cover all roles, including; setting up in the morning, packing away in the evening, cooking, serving meals, washing up, cleaning, nappy changing, garden duty …even on the coldest day of the year…?
- Are you able to crawl through tight spaces, wear straw on your head, artwork on your top and dress like a fairy or pirate when it’s your turn?
- Do you love working with children, enjoy getting up in the mornings, go to work because you love educating children and ‘not just for the money’…?
- Are you punctual in the mornings and have an excellent past attendance history. As we are a small team of practitioners and all rely on each to share the daily tasks…?
- Are you well organised and have a positive attitude, patient with children and work well under pressure…?
- Are you prepared to adapt and accept new ideas and follow the Village End way of caring for children and promoting our positive behaviour management techniques…?
- Are you prepared to be responsible for a small group of key children, including recording observations, assessments and progress reports…?
- Are you prepared for life without minute by minute contact with the outside world and surrendering your mobile phone each day…?
If you have answered yes to all of the above and you hold a childcare qualification, the next step is to phone or send us an email so we can learn a little more about you before we arrange an interview.
Other duties will include:
Adhering to the Policies and Procedures of Village End and complying with the Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the National Standards
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Caring for and supervising the children, ensuring to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs are met at all times
- Regular record- keeping of development and observations
- Positive, persistent and ‘patient’ management of children’s behaviour
- Have a positive and professional approach when interacting and communicating with parents, carers, Ofsted, childcare agencies and of course the children…?
- Preparation, cleanliness and maintenance of the hall, kitchen, garden area and equipment
- Keeping accident, incident and Health and Safety records up to date
- Supervising children at mealtimes by sitting down with the children and helping them with their meals and table manners.
- Participating in regular parents’ evenings, handing out leaflets to parents in schools playgrounds when required.
- Ensuring that planning and preparation of all activities meet the children’s individual needs
- Ensuring that the relevant forms are filled in correctly, and are up to date and stored in the appropriate place
- Assist staff members with their record keeping, ensuring observations are done and profiles are up to date
- Identifying and following the correct procedures when dealing with child protection issues
- Carrying out regular meetings to discuss planning, key group issues, set individual targets and strategies for children when needed
- Ensuring that the level of hygiene in the setting meets our high standards
- Complete a weekly retrospective planning sheet to document the children’s learning
- Working with other agencies i.e. early years and Ofsted
- Working closely with the Manager
Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Manager
Why work for Village End?
Established in 2007, Village End is a small family run childcare provision where both staff and children are respected and cared for. We operate a Breakfast Club, Nursery, Pre School, After School Club and Mini Camp. We are open from 8am to 6pm throughout the year and operate from a large church hall along the London Road in Ascot, Berkshire.
At Village End, we believe in the importance of teaching children how to think, not what to think and focus heavily on developing strong characters and life skills for our children. Our children are independent, creative, resilient and inquisitive little learners.
We believe it pays to look after our staff by rewarding them not only with a salary that reflects their hard work and dedication, but special treats along the way, especially if they go above and beyond what’s expected! All salaries include a 10% performance related bonus.
Other staff perks include
- 28 days annual leave, inclusive of public holidays
- 1 additional day of annual leave after each full year of employment
- Career progression opportunities
- Professional development, online and in house training.
- Social events throughout the year with other staff members
- A bonus for promoting Village End locally and introducing new children
Monday – Friday, 7.30am – 6.30pm
To apply, please email your CV, a recent photograph (if you have one) and covering letter explaining why you would like to join our team.